CORA 2017 swap feedback

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CORA 2017 swap feedback

If you attended the swap please give us feedback. Since we changed things around a bit and a new venue to boot we'd like to know your thoughts.
    • I'll start by saying as always it was nice to see everyone especially those I don't see all that often.
    • I thought it was a bit weird that everyone stayed in a line and went around the room
    • I think the sunlight caused some issues with lighting on tanks.

Swap was good, we had to stay in the line to be able to see anything. Having a small space made it hard to just walk around to other places. The line worked I think, was a little slow but it worked.
    I got 4 SPS corals and they all seem clean and healthy.

Comment

My take on the line was because of cherry corals and the other vendor next to him.*

So was it free for CORA members only if you were looking?*

But, it was a good show.

Comment

Not only was I able to pick up a few nice frags, I actually WON SOMETHING! (black brittle star) I think due to the limited space and the way it was set up, the line worked fairly well. After we left my wife suggested to me that for next years I need to get a tank and sell some frags too!

Thanks to all who put it together!
        I can't help that I get older, but you can't make me grow up!

Comment

I thought it was very nice! If anything the smaller venue made it feel more 'popping' to those that it matters to. My first impression was holy crap its packed! thats awesome! This was my first cora swap i've been to and everyone says they used to be amazing, but i dunno this one was better than the other ones i've been to this summer in my limited sample size. Very well put together and everyone was very nice to me thank you!

Comment

I enjoyed it. I got some very nice stuff and met a couple of people. The layout was nice, I also thought it was strange that a line just naturally formed, like it is some sort of deep seeded animalistic instinct. The idea that's been tossed out there to have the swap as one of the quarterly meetings can work well. The one thing that would help would be name tags so that people like me who haven't made it out to previous meetings can put faces with screen names. Would be even better if they were color coded, say white for non members and orange for members.

Comment

i came and only got to stay for a few minutes. i thought there was a good turn out! the line took a little to long for me. i had some stuff i had to do plus get back for the game so i didnt get to stick around for long. but all in all great little venue, good turn out, seen a few faces from northern ohio, eastern ohio. thanks for working it all out. if theres anything i can do to help out in the future just let me know.

Comment

Hey Bill! I thought I saw you then you disappeared.

Comment

I did the line once around to see everything and then butted back in to get the frags I had spotted the first time around. The herd instinct is strong in people, hope I didn't 'step on any toes' the second time around.

Nice turnout and nice venue! Thanks for the hard work guys!

Comment

I agree space was limited but seemed to work. What I noticed was the large amount of people that didn't even know what CORA was. Thanks to all who put it together.

Comment

Thanks for putting this together it was a good time. I also thought the standing in line thing was odd but I suppose it was because there were only a couple vendors selling coral and they were next to each other. It would cool to try and attract more vendors. I like the idea of doing this more than once a year, if you did more than one swap a year maybe one of them could be the "big one" that you try to get more vendors for. Just a thought. The venue was nice. Thanks again, I'm glad that some one is organizing a swap in central Ohio.

Comment

Yeah, I didn't understand why people were standing in a line either. I just assumed people really wanted to see what Cherry and the other vendors had.

That was my first time selling stuff, and it went well. I also really enjoyed getting to put a couple faces to the screen names.

Comment

I agree that it was a good time even though I had to be disciplined and not buy anything it was nice to see some folks and get caught up.

Comment

I admit I was surprised at the turnout being what you might call a "quickie" swap. Nice to see some reefers we know from past swaps.
                            Bill
                            Creativity is intelligence having fun.

Comment

I was a bit surprised by the turnout too. I got there right at 2pm and couldn't believe there was a line to get in. The couple of small club swaps I went to back in Philly had maybe 1/2 as many people- pretty much only people active on the club forums. I brought home a few things that barely made a dent in my wallet. It was good to see vendors selling some high end stuff along with hobbyists selling frags in the $10-$20 range. Both seemed to be getting plenty of interest. I'd love to see another one of these in 4-6 months.

Comment

Working...
                              X