No announcement yet.

2017 CORA Frag Swap

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ws6kid - I use imgur.com, even though they discourage external linking. reeftrader actually has a recent how-to on their site homepage, scroll down and read "(Another) New FAQ on how to list photos"

BUILDING OUT:
    75g corner acrylic pentagon DT with repurposed AIO chambers for marinepure reactor
    3x 50g acrylic frag tanks
    100g rubbermaid sump

Comment

Thanks mbeargie ! I will take a look.
      ==> New 210 Miracles Starphire Build in Progress!

Comment

I'm trying to get ahold of someone regarding vendor tables. I posted and messaged on Facebook a few times. I just emailed as well. Any assistance appreciated

Comment

Sorry about that. Give me a few hours and I'll get back you you.

Comment

Thanks very much!

Comment

Replied by email. Thanks for your patience.

Comment

I can finally make a frag swap! I'm in.

Comment

I'm not familiar with frag swaps, never been to one. Is this the thing to go to if someone is looking for very cheap frags such as $5-$10 hammer coral or acan frags or other LPS for a couple bucks a frag?

I'm not into paying $30-50 for corals so I resort to Craigslist but is rather go to something like this if their prices are comparable to what people or forums and Craigslist sell frags for.

Comment

Originally posted by roblox84 View Post
                    I'm not familiar with frag swaps, never been to one. Is this the thing to go to if someone is looking for very cheap frags such as $5-$10 hammer coral or acan frags or other LPS for a couple bucks a frag?

I'm not into paying $30-50 for corals so I resort to Craigslist but is rather go to something like this if their prices are comparable to what people or forums and Craigslist sell frags for.
                    Generally the prices will be lower than what you would pay at a store. People selling are typically hobbyists looking to trade or sell corals to make a few bucks to fund their next upgrade, not trying to put their kids through college. There might be some good bargains if someone has a big surplus they're just trying to unload, but most will know what their stuff is worth. It's not a Goodwill Store for corals, acan frags for "a couple bucks a frag" is unlikely.

Most see these swap meets as an opportunity to socialize with other local coral enthusiasts. Swap some stories and some corals, maybe meet a neighbor you didn't know had a tank. Make a connection who might be willing to help you move a 200g tank or lend you a pump in an emergency.

You should check it out, very little to lose in doing so.

Comment

Yeah, you're not going to see $5-10 for a premium frag, but I will probably bring some Calustrea and a few plain stick frags in the $10 range. You should come out either way just to meet some people.

Comment

Swap is 1 week from today! Hope to see lots of you there.

Comment

Additional vendors:
                          Rivers to Reefs
                          Summit City Coral

We will also have livestock door prizes throughout the swap.

Comment

Hey folks. Looking for a little advice, I went to the frag swap last year and it was a lot of fun but all I did was buy stuff. This year I would like to bring some frags to trade or sell. I was just planning to bring a cooler. What are some good ways to package the coral for a swap like this one? What are some things that seem to sell or trade well? Looking for general advice on how to approach this to have a successful swap, because haven't done it before. Thanks

Comment

Joe:

Awesome. That's when it gets fun. Definitely bring a cooler, a couple towels, and probably an ice pack to keep the cooler reasonably close to 75 degrees. Most of use little Tupperware containers that we don't mind not getting back to sell/trade our frags. Also, if you can print out some photos under your lights, that will help people see what they look like when they aren't stressed.

Comment

I was wondering the same thing regarding bringing things. I just got back into reef keeping so I don't have any corals yet (yet!) however I did just receive an order of macro algae that was too generous for my small tank. I have several sandwich bag portions of chaeto and gracilaria that needs to go so I thought I'd hold it for the swap. It didn't seem like something to post on Reeftrader so do I just walk around with a sign "Macros for sale (or trade, or you can just have them)".

Comment

Working...
                                X