• Show
Clear All

• 2017 CORA Frag Swap

20245664_742985502555864_6029328824838862647_n.jpg

October 7, 2017
    2 - 4 pm

Wolfe Shelter House
    105 Park Dr. Columbus, OH 43209

ADMISSION - We are trying something new this year. Below is the pricing for ALL attending vendors and hobbyist. All space is first-come only.

Free Admission: 2017 Paid CORA members and children under 12.
    $1 Buyer Admission: If you are only coming to buy with an empty cooler, no frags, and no dry goods.
    $5 Seller Admission: If you are selling or trading any livestock or dry goods.
    $20 Setup Admission: If you would like to setup a small display, 10 gallons or less with LED only. There is limited availability and you must preregister. Email treasurer@corareef.org for payment info.

Reef Trader will open a month or so before the swap. Buy/Sell/Trade coral before the show starts!
    Attached Files
    Start Date
    10-07-2017
    Start Time
    03:00 PM
    End Time
    05:00 PM
    Last edited by Hollback; 08-22-2017, 12:10 PM.

Would there might be a limited amount of attendees being only 2 hour swap? Also will dealers want to drive for a 2 hour swap?*

Comment

2 hours does seem a little short but I was second in line for LEAR and only stayed about 45min to an hour at the swap. I took care of 75% of my reservations in line. The 2 hour time span may actually force some sales though since there will be limited time to "think" about it. Doesn't matter 2 hours or 10 ill be there.

Comment

I will be there also. Maybe, people will buy and get out of the way and move on so othere people can get to look and not talk for 20 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by Camohatch View Post
          2 hours does seem a little short but I was second in line for LEAR and only stayed about 45min to an hour at the swap. I took care of 75% of my reservations in line. The 2 hour time span may actually force some sales though since there will be limited time to "think" about it. Doesn't matter 2 hours or 10 ill be there.
          Thats what we figured. Most swaps seem to thin out after the first two hours.

Comment

thanks for getting this together.
            Lindsey

Comment

alrighty!!!!! just in time to start stocking me tank!!!!!!

Comment

Yeah, so we realized that most of the action is really in the first hour at these things, and it doesn't do any of the livestock well to sit around in bags for hours on end.

Also, as a little background: for many, many reasons, we really struggled to get a big time frag swap together this year, like we've done in the past. We know CORA members look forward to a swap every year, so we wanted to do /something,/ and this was the result. We figured due to the proximity to some other swaps, and the comparatively later notice than in the past, that the 2017 swap will be for mostly local folks.

However, we are planning a much bigger swap for 2018, and that will be announced as soon as we can tie down a location. That was something I hoped to make some progress on this week, but if you saw my other thread, you know I've been dealing with a fish crisis the last couple days. The good news is there that Travis (Vice President), hooked me up with a pump last night, so I will be able to keep everything alive until I can get a new permanent pump next week.

Thanks everyone for your feedback...keep it coming!

Comment

Will there be vendors or just hobbyist selling? I usually come over from Dayton and will most likely be this time as well

Comment

We hope some will. We know it's late notice.

Comment

Wow...2 hours is gonna keep everyone busy. Especially with a raffle.
                      This is my reef tank
                      There are many like it
                      But this one is mine

93 Gallon Rimless Cube, Full Apex, 2x Kessil A360WE, Bashsea Twisted Skimmer, 2x Geo Media Reactors, Maxspect Gyre 150, Bubble Magus Doser, 30 Gallon Geo Sump, 20 Gallon Geo Fuge

Comment

Time to start fragging.

Comment

We will get fragswapper or something running on this soon. I guess we can also use that for equipment, so I was hoping that people would also take this as an opportunity to clean out the fish closet and to pick up some cheap gear. Think of it as a combination of the auction we've done before and an old school swap that is open to anyone wanting to sell or buy.

Comment

Sounds good - thanks for setting it up all!

Comment

The swap is now up on ReefTrader. http://www.reeftrader.com/swaps/65

Comment

Working...
                              X