• November meeting -- Photography

November Meeting
    Photography
    Sunday Nov 24. 6:30?

Antrim Park
    5800 Olentangy River Rd
    Columbus, OH 43085
    view on map

Roughly a 2 hour meeting covering DSLR basics, white balance and anything else camera related
    Club Discussion will be held after.

The shelter house is easily located from 315.
    Exit onto 161 turn west.
    Turn south onto Olentangy River road.
    The park entrance will be on the left.

sounds like fun
    Lindsey

Comment

We'll have Rick from Cord camera/Captured light Photography presenting.

He'll be discussing camera basics with a focus on white balance and anything else you want to find out about that fits into the time we have. Bring your cameras bring something to take notes. There will be some live demonstrations along with the presentation. If there are specific topics with enough interest. I can let him know and he's happy to customise to our needs. Also please post up your rsvp so we can get a general idea on attendance. See you on the 24th!

Comment

Omg, very exciting. Outdoors in the cold slightly less exciting....but photography stuff? Yay! Count me in

Comment

It's a closed building with bathrooms and a fireplace!

Comment

yeah what Jason said....

Comment

Very cool.
              Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Comment

Okay, now I am much much more excited lol. Who is bringing the marshmallows?

Comment

my wife and I are going to make the trip. i want/really need to learn how to take decent images of our tanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Briney Dave View Post
                    my wife and I are going to make the trip. i want/really need to learn how to take decent images of our tanks.

Dave Make sure you bring a copy of my instructions. I have heard that GPS units can take you to the wrong side of the park.

Comment

man I'm gutted, this is one of the meetings I suggested a while back, and I'll actually be driving down to Dallas that weekend as part of my move.

Someone should start videoing these educational meetings, and we should start putting them on the website as seminars etc.

Comment

Just a quick question. Does Rick have experience photographing macro objects under high kelvin lighting? This is not very typical conditions and I'd love to hear some expert advise. I'm always looking to learn more tips and tricks.

Comment

Originally posted by Hollback View Post
                          Just a quick question. Does Rick have experience photographing macro objects under high kelvin lighting? This is not very typical conditions and I'd love to hear some expert advise. I'm always looking to learn more tips and tricks.
                          Seems like it from talking to him. I've explained the conditions we shoot into :d. We'll also have a small tank with lighting (no livestock) to practice with and for him to demo on.
                          This presentation will not include post production editing though.

Comment

No one better make fun of my old dslr. I also like Alan's idea of getting these types of meetings on video. Someone has to have a vid camera right?

Comment

I hope to be there. I have an old school Rebel XTi that I need some help with. I can being my full spectrum par 38 bulb if needed. Taking pictures under LEDs seems to be one of the harder things to do.

Comment

Working...
                              X