anemone growth

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anemone growth

Just wondering if someone can shine some light on this, my rose nem will get to about 6 inches across than split. I'm not looking for a lot I just want a decent size one 10+ inches. Does it vary by strain? My goal is to get a pair of gold stripe maroon pair later and from my experience they've been super rough with the nem.

I think it depends on the individual nem. I got a nem from another member on here it was about 12 inches of a disc when I had it in my tank the first couple of days it was about 8 inches than I noticed it split into 2 I love this nem not only becUse of its size but it's also a rainbow BT. I've had rbt in the past that only grew to about 6 inches than split and I've had a gbt that grew over 12 inches.

I think it's the individual nem and its environment plays a large part of its size.

With maroon clowns I would honestly get a carpet nem if you don't plan to have any other fish. They can take the beating from a maroon

Comment

I see, how's the care level for carpets? Anyone have first hand experience with carpets? Thanks for the reply

Comment

I've wanted to have a carpet nem but atm can't take the risk of one due to fish in tank

Comment

carpets are just way more likely to eat your prized tang that you love so much ;p

Comment

That's not good :/

Comment

Carpets are only suitable if you have a clown fish only tank and then it should be only certain kind of clowns

Comment

Working...
              X