Blue regal tang hiding

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blue regal tang hiding

I just received by 3 inch blue regal tang from LiveAquaria Fri. He was drip acclimated into my 55 gallon quarantine tank. Tank has Been cycled ammonia reading zero. Just stated copper treatment with cupermine. Only other fish in the tank is a hooded wrasse Who's acting fine and eating well. The blue tang has done nothing but hide . And has refused to eat. Nori. Pellets. And mysis shrimp. Has any one else experienced they're blue tang hiding like this? will he grow out of it? how long will he hide ?days ?weeks?. Should i stop the copper treatment and do a large water change and run carbon? Any suggestions would be helpful thank you.

how long has it been inside of the qt? Stress/ not eating is pretty common with new additions. I would just make sure the copper dose isn't too much and keep an eye on it
    -Travis-

Comment

Blue tang has been in qt for 5 days. Have not seen it eat. Tested copper level with salifert kit. 2.5 which is only half of the full recommended dosage of .5 . Trying to raise the copper level as gradually as possible. . Did a lot of research on the tang before I bought it. Not once did any tang care guild mention how shy they were. only that they where ick magnets. I just did a online search. Blue tang hiding. And like 10 articles pop up. Talking about the exact same thing I'm going through. Can't believe none of the care guilds mention this. Don't know what to do . I guess the tang is either going to adjust to aquarium life or starve to death.

Comment

You could try some other type of food. I've found squid is something that picky fish tend to go after when they refuse to eat
        -Travis-

Comment

live clams work well also, and rods eggs
          155 gallon bowfront dt, 100 gallon basement sump, 20 gallon long fuge, reeflo hammerhead, Auqua Euro 250

Comment

Regal tend to hide till they get comfortable. Best advice is to feed a variety till you find something she likes. Be careful not to overfeed especially in a at tank. Garlic extract works sometimes.

Comment

Regal tang just finished its two week cupermine quarantine treatment. I just moved him from the 55 to the 125 display Aquarium. Fish did a complete 180 is eating everything now and swimming all over the aquarium.

Comment

Glad to hear!

Comment

nice! and i'm glad to hear youre Quarentining!

Comment

Working...
                  X